As the Philadelphia region lifting the “shelter in place” restriction, everyone is preparing for returning to work or school safely. Understandably so, some are nervous about the potential risk of infection.
myDoc Urgent Care offers COVID 19 Antibody Testing and Return to Work Physicals, this will help to ease some concerns.
What is antibody test and how does it work?
- A blood test that is screening for COVID-19 antibodies in your blood. Your body makes these when it fights an infection.
- There are two types of antibodies:
- IgG: which is looking for historical infection.
- IgM: which is looking for new infection.
- A negative result means there is no prior infection.
- A positive result means there is prior infection, however, the medical community agrees that a positive antibody does not mean one is immune from future coronavirus infection as it’s too new.
- Please remember anti-body is not looking for active virus, therefore it is not a diagnostic tool.
Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, should receive a COVID-19 test, which we can facilitate as well.
We encourage everyone to continue to wear a mask and practice social distance.
As always, please call our office if you have any questions or concerns.
myDoc Urgent Care Staff