Acute but Non-Life Threatening Illness and Injuries
Urgent Care focuses on treating injuries or illnesses requiring immediate care, but are acute and non-life threatening. myDoc Urgent care is like your Primary Care physician with some improvements you would find in the Emergency Room. Urgent Cares boast more capabilities than primary care, such as x-Ray, lab testing, and minor procedures, and have more availability and convenience, without the Emergency Room wait. Some common ailments treated by Urgent Care are:
- Fever, Coughs, Colds, Flu
- Bronchitis, Pneumonia, and Asthma attacks
- Ear, Throat, Eye, Sinus Irritation/Infection
- UTI, Yeast Infection, STD
- Rashes, Minor Burns, Insect Bites, Skin Infection
- Minor GI Issues such as Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Dehydration
- Cuts and Bruises
- High Blood Pressure
- Medication refill (no Controlled Substance)
- Sprains and Strains
- Minor Sports Injuries
- Moderate Back Pain
- Work related injuries via Workers Comp
- PPD TB Testing, Drug Testing
- Various types of Physicals: Work, School, Sports
- Vaccination Services
- Lab Testing Services
- x-Ray Services
Due to its convenient nature and 7-day operating model, urgent care centers have gained popularity among healthcare consumers. Many conditions can be treated at an urgent care center, from common illnesses to minor injuries. Click here to learn more about some of the Common Illnesses we treat.
What Is Telehealth
With myDoc Urgent Care Online, our medical providers can evaluate, diagnose and treat minor conditions via video conferencing technology (similar to “face time”), for patients age 16 and up, in the state of Pennsylvania.
It’s convenient, efficient, and can potentially lower healthcare cost. For patients with minor illness or routine primary care needs, Telehealth can be the best fit as it eliminates the need to travel to medical offices.
Common Conditions Treated by Telehealth
Tele-health is good for minor conditions, or when you just need medical provider’s professional option. Below is a list of what Telehealth is good for:
- Follow up visits
- Discuss lab results and answer questions
- Cold and flu
- Sore throat
- Allergies and minor asthma
- Skin rash
- Insect bites
- Routine Primary Care Support such as medication refill, basic physical with lab works
What happens when your condition is outside the scope of Telehealth: we would recommend an in-house visit to the most suitable facilities near you. In these situations, you would not be refunded.
myDoc Urgent Care has offices in the City of Philadelphia, we may recommend to visit us. If you do, we will not charge your copay twice.
Where Is It Available
myDoc Urgent Care Telehealth is available in the State of Pennsylvania
How Much Does It Cost
We collect a flat fee of $49
This can be refunded back to you should your insurance deemed you responsible for less.
We accept all major insurances and we will submit a telehealth claim on your behalf. If your insurance reimburses us, there is a chance you will get refund.
To Get It Started
If you reside in the State of Pennsylvania, there are two ways to request a Telehealth visit:
Please download “Zoom Cloud Meeting” application to you phone, laptop, or desktop computer.
Date Security and HIPPA
We take patient data security seriously and take all measures to ensure your data is secure.
Your patient information data is stored in our electronic medical record system (EMR) which is secure. This resides outside of the video conferencing technology therefore data breath risk is very low. Zoom is a Microsoft product and our version is for business use only with unique login ID. Lastly, your video conference meeting ID is unique to you only, therefore this meet cannot be inferred by another user.
Frequently Asked Questions
If you have any additional questions relating to our telehealth services please contact us.
Please the click the question below to reveal the answer:
1. Conditions that can be evaluated via telemedicine
Telemedicine can be used to treat wide range of medical conditions including common illness, minor injuries, specialty care, mental health etc. Medicare has published a comprehensive list of reimbursable telemedicine services, below are a few examples that pertains to myDoc Urgent Care:
- Office or other outpatient visits
- Annual Wellness Visit, includes a personalized prevention plan of service
- Subsequent hospital care services, with the limitation of 1 telehealth visit every 3 days
To view Medicare’s comprehensive list, click this link: Medicare Telehealth Service
Minor conditions can be evaluated by myDoc Urgent Care medical providers:
- Follow up visits
- Common cold and flu
- Sore throats
- Minor skin rashes
- Insect bites
2. How can a provider diagnose my condition if he/she cannot examine me?
A medical provider will ask for questions that help diagnose the condition including:
- Description of chief complaint
- Medical, family, and social history
- List of medication
- Provider can guide the patient to perform self-examination
3. Conditions cannot be evaluated by telemedicine
Any health conditions that are not consider “minor” where a hands-on examination is required and/or procedures are needed.
Any life threatening conditions such as shortness of breath, heavy bleeding, numbness, tingling, chest pains.
4. What equipment should a patient has to make telemedicine more effective?
- You should have a smart phone with Zoom Cloud Meeting app downloaded
- Or a personal computer
- It’s better if you have a thermometer at home to take your temperature
5. Cost of each telemedicine visit?
$49 for each visit which needs to be collected upfront
6. Would insurance cover telemedicine visit?
Certain insurance plans do accept telemedicine claims, we have setup this capability.
7. How does it work, what’s the process?
For new patient, it will take a few steps to enable the video conferencing capability and for us to collect medical history. You will need following:
8. What happens if telemedicine cannot resolve my issues?
- We will make recommendations on where you should seek care.
- If you are located in Philadelphia and is are able to come to a myDoc Urgent Care location, then we’ll recommend you to do that and waive your financial responsibility in a urgent care visit up to $49.
9. Why myDoc Urgent Care?
- All of our providers are board certified and are excellent at what they do
- We are an urgent care with several offices in Philadelphia
- We are experienced in both urgent care and primary care and accept insurance for both
- Our fees are affordable.
myDoc Primary Care
myDoc Urgent Care provides walk-in medical services for wide range of common illness and injuries 7 days a week; while it’s important to provide the convenience of an urgent care, we strongly believe primary care is the key to maintain overall population health.
Primary care is the day-to-day healthcare given by a health care provider. Typically this provider acts as the first contact and principal point of continuing care for patients within a healthcare system, and coordinates other specialist care that the patient may need.
OnSite Health Clinic
myDoc promotes health in the workplace by changing the way preventative and early intervention healthcare is being delivered, yes, that’s right – WE BRING HEALTHCARE TO THE WORKPLACE!
Imagine a scenario where your employees can receive an annual physical and flu shot at the work place. No more taking time off to see the doctor and no more excuses of missing that annual physical. These preventative services are paid for by your insurance plans so there is zero cost to you and your employees. This is pretty awesome!
Furthermore, we will aggregate key bio-metric data so that you can be made aware of any potential health care risks, without disclosing any private health information. Knowing any health risks is the first step to improving the overall health for your staff, this will save your health care costs and improve overall productivity.
With myDoc’s urgent care and primary care services, and soon to be added tele-medicine services, we are the ideal healthcare partner for you.
Please contact us for the next step: Phone: 215.350.3956 or Email [email protected]
Pre-Employment Testing & Physical Exam Services
myDoc provides the following services at two City Locations, 7 days a week, without the need to make an appointment:
|xRay for TB Test||$75|
|Instant Drug Test||$50|
We also make it easier for employers that wish to pay for these services:
›› We will fax the results to you
›› We will bill employers for the services
›› We also provide onsite services
Workers Compensation Services
myDoc accepts ALL workers compensation insurances. myDoc provides this service at two City Locations, 7 days a week, without the need to make an appointment.
Please contact us for the next step: Phone: 215.350.3956 or Email [email protected]
myDoc Urgent Care Locations: 215.800.1909 at 1420 Locust St. | 215.921.9284 at 3717 Chestnut St.
Immigration Physical & Vaccination
myDoc Urgent Care offers immigration physical services, performed by a licensed Civil Surgeon designated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In addition, we carry vaccinations required by USCIS, therefore, we can offer vaccination and testing services. Click here to see the fee overview. It’s your one-stop shop medical center at your convenience.
Please call 215.800.1909 to schedule an appointment.
1. Immigration Physical Exam Package when Vaccines are up to date: $350
The package includes:
- Physical examination
- Mental health evaluation
- Review of your medical and vaccination records
- Complete and certify I-693 Form
- TB skin test (if test positive, chest x-Ray fee is separate)
- Syphilis test (RPR)
- HIV test
- Providing additional support to USCIS
2. Vaccination Requirements (for age 16 and up)
- Influenza (flu)
- MMR: Mumps, Measles, Rubella
- Tetanus and diphtheria toxoids
3. Language available onsite: English, Chinese
Please arrange your own interpreter services if you don’t speak English or Chinese
4. Documents to bring with you:
- Phone ID
- Medical Records
- Mental Health Records
- Vaccination Records
- Form I-693
myDoc Urgent Care can perform an assortment of physicals. We perform physicals on-site and will treat patients from 18 months old and up. We are family friendly business, and do our best to make sure that you feel comfortable. We cover all check-up requirements for:
Immigration Physical Services
(for those seeking Green Cards), performed by a licensed Civil Surgeon designated by the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). In addition, we carry all vaccinations required by USCIS.
Schools, Sports, Camps, and Pre-employment.
DOT (Department of Transportation) Physical Exams
A DOT physical exam is valid for up to 24 months.
Vaccination and Testing Services
Click here to see the fee overview. It’s your one-stop shop medical center at your convenience.
Click here to learn more about Physical Examinations at myDoc
myDoc offers a wide-ranging treatment in occupational medicine for employees who have sustained a work-related injury or illness. Our providers focus on early treatment, the importance of returning-to-work and continued case management while keeping in mind the bearing of medical costs and insurance coverage. We also keep in mind the effect certain medical activities have on an employer’s OSHA records.
MyDoc is prepared to handle all non-life threatening or non-limb threatening injuries or illnesses that might happen on the job, including but not limited to:
- Crush injuries
- Evaluation and treatment of work-related injuries
- Work Status Summaries provided to employer after each patient visit
- In-house x-ray services
- In-house pharmacy
- Post-accident Drug and Alcohol testing
- Orthopedic appliances & supplies
Our philosophy of work injury treatment and management at MyDoc Urgent Care is to provide not only excellent medical treatment but also customer service and communication. Our brilliant doctors will become familiar with each employer’s unique circumstances, often visiting places of employment to learn about the unique features of each business to better use that information to treat patients and improve health for the long term.
x-Ray, Lab Testing & Minor Surgical Care
We have many different pieces of medical equipment that can be used for a range of medical examinations and procedures. We have even bolstered our equipment arsenal with the addition of a GE model portable x-Ray machine, the same used by almost all hospital emergency rooms, which performs all typical x-Rays including chest, limb, abdomen. With these pieces of equipment, we can perform procedures including but not limited to:
- Digital x-Ray, capable of chest x-Ray
- Lab testing: strep, flu, mono, ovulation & pregnancy, cholesterol, triglycerides, glucose, blood chemistry analysis, urinalysis,
- Stitches and sutures
- IV Fluids
- Splints and other minor surgical procedures
- Drug Testing
- Fever, coughs, colds, flu
- Nausea, vomiting, diarrhea, dehydration
- Bronchitis, pneumonia, and asthma attacks
- Ear, throat, eye, sinus irritation/infection
- Rashes, burns, bites, skin infection
- Cuts and bruises
- Broken bones and fractures
- Sprains and strains
- Other sports injuries
- Back pain
We also handle ailments that would normally going to your primary care physician for. However, you should go to the ER if you feel you may have a life threatening illness or have any of the following symptoms:
- Loss of Balance, Dizziness, difficulty speaking, or walking
- Severe headache, Chest pain, or Inability to Breath
- Severe Traumatic Injuries or Severe Bleeding
- Active Labor
- 18 months and younger
爱医门诊救护室（Mydoc Urgent Care）是一家由华人医生拥有，中美医生共同提供治疗的急诊门诊室。我们坐落于费城市中心和大学城，是目前唯一有华人医生的急诊门诊室。我们采用了美国先进的一起与医疗技术，治疗各种常见疾病及轻度创伤。诊所内配备X光片机，心电图仪，现场化验，常用处方药，以及骨科常用设备。七天营业，无需预约。
急诊服务 — 爱医门诊治疗以下常见疾病：
中文热线： 215.350.3950 （蔡晶晶小姐）
市中心地址：1420 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA 19102 (七天营业) 215.800.1909
大学城地址：3717 Chestnut St, Philadelphia, PA 19104 215.921.8294