Frequently Asked Questions
Welcome to our frequently asked questions page. We are constantly updating this page with your latest questions & inquires. To begin learning more about myDoc Urgent Care please click the rounded buttons to collapse & un-collapse the questions below.
If you have any follow up questions, comments, or concerns please use the form below to submit a request or contact us by phone or email. Please allow 24-48hrs for a response. The form below is not for medical emergencies.
1. What is myDoc Urgent Care?
Urgent Care Centers service patients with an illness or injury that does not appear to be life-threatening, but also can’t wait until the next day or for a primary care doctor to see them.
Think of urgent care as somewhere between your primary doctor’s office and emergency room. myDoc Urgent Care provides more services and keeps longer hours than a primary doctor’s office, we have in house x-Ray, lab, common medications (both prescriptions and OTC), common medical equipment such as crutches, walking boots, we also preform more procedures than a typical primary care doctor’s office. However, for life treating illness, you should go to ER.
2. What type of illnesses and injuries can be treated at myDoc Urgent Care?
- Accidents and Falls
- Sprains and Strains
- Moderate Back Problems
- Breathing Difficulties (i.e. Mild Asthma)
- Allergic Reactions
- Minor Bleeding / Cuts – for Possible Stitching
- Eye Irritation and Redness
- Fever or Flu
- Vomiting, Diarrhea or Dehydration
- Severe sore Throat or Cough
- Minor Broken Bones and Fractures
- Ski Rashes and Infections
- Urinary Tract Infections
3. When to visit emergency room?
- Any symptom of Heart Attack or Stroke
- Inability to Breath
- Active Labor
- Severe Pain, Swelling, Bleeding Injuries, Headache
- Excessive Vomiting
- WHEN IN DOUBT, GO TO ER
4. What type of medical providers are working at myDoc Urgent Care?
myDoc Urgent Care only employs board certified, and high quality medical providers.
Our staff includes Family Medicine Physicians, Internal Medicine Physicians, Nurse Practitioners, x-Ray Technologist, and MAs.
5. What type of lab work can be performed by myDoc Urgent Care?
- Strep, Flu, Mono, and Urine
- Blood glucose
6. What type of xRay equipment is on site?
We have a GE model portable x-Ray machine, the same used by almost all hospital emergency rooms. It performs all typical x-Rays include chest, limb, abdomen.
7. Do you have CT Scan and Ultrasound on site?
No, we do not.
8. Do you carry controlled substances, for pain management purposes, for example?
No, we do not.
9. Do you accept insurance?
Yes, we do. We accept all major insurances.
If your insurance is not on our list of accepted insurance plans, this could mean that we are an “out of network provider”. You will pay us first, then submit claims through your insurance company.
If you don’t have insurance coverage or are from a different country, we have an affordable self-pay pricing schedule – very comparable to “in network provider pricing list”, which is typically about 1/3 of the ER costs
We accept cash, credit card, personal check, and Paypal.
10. Where are you located, what landmark to look for, is there parking?
We are located at 1420 Locust St, Philadelphia, PA on the ground floor of the Academy House. Academy House is a tall residential building directly behind the iconic music hall “The Academy of Music”, you will see two signs: Academy House and 1420 Locust St.
Our front door is currently blocked by the scaffolding and chain linked fences, but we are currently here and open starting August 20, 2015.
About the Construction:
The Academy House is renovating its lobby area, so you will see a lot of scaffolding and chain linked fences, The myDoc Urgent Care sign may not be installed yet.
We are directly underneath the famous Piano Lounge
If you see Rehearsal Hall entrance sign, you’ve found us.
If you are still having trouble, please give us a call at 215.800.1909
There are car drop off areas on the street, parking limit is 20 minutes. There is a parking garage directly across the street. In addition, there are many other parking garages and/or street parking in the surrounding neighborhood.
11. How can I save time while getting the proper care I’m looking for?
To better manage your time, we advise you to use our Web Check-in feature – which gives you the option to pick your own time and enter personal data prior to arriving at the clinic, this is the fastest way to “get in and out” of the clinic
We carry commonly used medications (both prescription and OTC), this is a time saving feature.
We also carry durable medical equipment such as crutches, walking boots, etc, this is another time saving feature.
Please make sure you have your insurance card, driver’s license, and credit card with you.
12. What is Web Check-in, how do I use it, how do I administer it?
Web Check-in is a feature on our web site, you will see this icon on our home page.
Web Check-in give you two time saving options:
- Pick your own appointment time feature will be coming soon.
- Enter your personal data according to instructions, such as your name, DOB, Address, Insurance, Chief Complaint, and provide a valid Credit Card number.
- Web check in is a feature provided by our electronic medical record system provider – DocuTap, through their secured server, so your credit card information is safe with us.
13. What happens if I signed up through web check in but not showed up?
You’d understand that we would have kept that time slot for you, now our providers are anxiously looking for you and worrying about your well being.
So it’s not a good thing by not showing up, we’d need the time to serve other folks.
This is why we ask for your credit card information – we will charge a $20 no show fee.