This year’s flu vaccine isn’t an exact match for the strain that’s been circulating most widely. So far, 180,000 people have been hospitalized during the 2019-2020 flu season, according to preliminary estimates from the CDC.
Typical flu symptoms include fever, sore throat, aches, chills and sweats and fatigue.
How to protect yourself and your children:
1. There is still time to get flu vaccine. CDC recommends a yearly flu vaccine as the first and most important step in protecting against flu viruses.
2. Frequently wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds
3. Cover your mouth when cough, use the elbow technique.
4. Strengthen your immune system:
- Drink as much water as you can
- Plenty of Vitamin C – best from fruits and vegetables
- Get enough sleep so your body can rest and fight any illness
- Go outside to get fresh air
- Try to avoid close contact with sick people
If you are sick with the Flu:
>> Antiviral drugs can be used to treat your illness, and it can make the illness milder and shorten the sick time.
>> Self-quarantine, stay out of public areas
>> Get plenty of rest and drink as much water as you can.
Should we be worried about the Coronavirus?
Many experts in the United States state that people shouldn’t panic.
This is a current emergency in China. But it has not yet become a global health emergency. The outbreak in China is indeed a very serious public-health threat, the immediate risk to the U.S. public is low at this time.
In summary, we at myDoc Urgent Care advise the public to use every measure available to you to prevent flu, improve your immunity and stay healthy. Walk-in to any of our offices to receive treatment. We do flu testing on-site.